Free time...
Have you ever been paid to surf? Well for the past few days I have been. I was shifted from the Refrigeration to the Dishwasher section. Now there are lots of us new co-ops there but due to some software bug we are just sitting idle as there is nothing for us to test. So yesterday I just sat there the whole day surfing... Mind you I am trying to find nice and constructive ways to surf.
Check out this site: Learning Spanish at BBC This friend of mine from Gatech called Ben keeps talking bits in Spanish all the time. So I thought it would be neat to learn some myself. At home you can prolly see me watching a Spanish channel sometimes, just to catch a glimpse of some of the best looking babes there are. Hispanic babes look really good!! So well may be I am thinking a few steps ahead there. ;-)
The other form of entertainment I have developed for myself is going to a bookstore closeby.... its a chain bookstore called Borders and it is a 2 min walk from my house. They have these supremely cozy couches there and the only limit put on the time you can sit there browsing books are the store hours.(They are open until 11 pm btw) So I've been reading a lot of interesting books. One which Niva told me about called "Gun, Germs and Steel". Its an interesting account of why the world today is dominated by Europeans. Among the most fascinating reasons, as a lot of you might know, is that Spanish Conquistadors carried germs from Europe that poor Aztecs and Mayas werent resistant to. It does go into great depth as to why metal and guns developed first in Eurasia, but its best explained by reading the book... so I shall spare my breath here.
No comments:
Post a Comment