Sunday, October 29, 2006

The 25-hour day



Every year nearly all Americans are involved in a collective robbery. What's more it is completely legal and in fact officers of the law also partake in the loot. They all steal an hour from a day in April and use it on a day like today... October 29th 2006. There are a few exceptional states such as Arizona and Indiana, which rise above this apparent thievery that others call "Daylight Saving".

A pleasant windfall from this phenomenon though is a freak of nature, a 25 hour day. What does one do with an extra hour? Some dedicate it to what the bard calls "tired nature's sweet restorer".... in simple words, they doze off for an extra hour. Some others dedicate it to other pursuits typical of a Sunday morning.

So far though I have spent a wholly ordinary 25-hour day. Started my day with the radio quiz show called "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me!". If you have never listened to this NPR Radio Show, I highly recommend it. It is one of the funniest shows around and with the hilarious Dubya still ruling over the land, there is no dearth of jokes anyone can crack.

I also went to the IMAX Dome Theater in the afternoon for a movie about India called Mystic India. I didn't particularly like that movie and I won't recommend spending that extra hour trying to watch this movie. If you use my advice you've earned yourself an extra hour. All you readers owe me an hour's worth of pay now. ;) Paypal account = ....

No comments: