Coaster-Phobia
This weekend was fun. R organized a trip to Six Flags with his friends from Intel, Sacramento. So A S R and I went to Vallejo to spin on some rollercoasters. My last trip to Six Flags was in 2003, when a bunch of us UW grad-students went to the Six Flags in Gurney, close to Chicago. I had an awesome time back then and I enjoyed nearly all the rollercoasters. The Vertical Velocity coaster freaked me out initially, but I finally mustered some courage and even sat through that one.I wonder if it was peer pressure the last time. This trip to Six Flags I didn't really enjoy the rollercoasters as much. I don't like that sinking feeling you get in your stomach when you fall fast. I did try out all but a couple of the rollercoasters. I loved the coaster called Boomerang though. It consists of two parallel rails interconnected with some twists and the train goes from one rail to the other and back. You are completely disoriented midway through the ride and falling in reverse is an interesting experience. One of these green coaster with a huge drop at the start, just scared me a little too much. There was also some of that "Final Destination" effect. I am alluding to the rollercoaster accident in the movie, in which a lot of people are saved from death due to girl's premonition and then the Grim Reaper hunts them down all the same in some sequence. That movie must be the least favourite movie for the owners of Six Flags I bet.
The prices for various victuals at Six Flags are just atrocious. A bottle of water for instance was for $3.60. Hot chocolate was cheaper at $2.00. I think it is just inhuman to charge so much for water. They are just waiting for some people to die of dehydration. Well I almost did, but then finally got myself some hot chocolate when I was almost on the brink.
To conclude, I think I am out of the coaster-crazy phase of my life. Yeah I am a senile 27-year old I guess. I just don't see the point of paying someone to torture me, first with the sinking feeling in my stomach and then with overpriced food. I enjoyed making new friends and hanging out with some of my older friends. That's something I ought to do more often.
5 comments:
Wow..Roller coaster always create havoc in mind..but I have to experience it yet and I guess it is must , at least once in a life time
Yeah. You should head to Chicago with your friends from Minn-Twin. ;)
A similar thing happened to me...I went to Six Flags once about two years ago, but then have lost interest almost completely. And the food/drink sure is overpriced, not to mention the ticket in the first place.
We found a really good deal on tickets. Paid something like $25 only. But welcome to the old-boy's club I guess. :D
Post a Comment