Six Flags Rocks!!!!
Well now you know where I had been yesterday. For the uninitiated,
Six Flags is a chain of really cool amusement parks in the US and Europe.
The one closest from Madison is in Gurney, Illinois close to Chicago.
Man is it something!!... there are tonnes of rides there and some really
scary ones, I have to admit.
The one which made me feel the most intimidated was this one called
Vertical Velocity. You have a track which is extended vertically upto
200 feet high on two sides and a fast train oscillates a few times right upto
the top a few times at mindblowing speed. It was a lil bit too tall for me,
and I vacillated like hell before finally deciding that I have to do this
to convince myself of my own courage. And I mustered all my courage
and narrowly managed to not chicken out.... but the outcome was really
worth it. Damn good fun!!... I was in the second row on this ride and trust me,
it looks damn scary but isnt as bad as you think would be. And the adrenalin
rush afterwards is exhilarating.
All day I took various rides, including Superman, Batman, the Raging Bull,
the Giant Drop (this one was really bad too... a lift takes you 227 feet
into the sky and then youre dropped at a very dangerous pace
and suddenly brought to a halt near the ground...), Iron Wolf (standing
rollercoaster)... yeah basically most of these were rollercoasters and
obviously my friends and I like thrill rides the best. They also had an
IMAX theater in Six Flags, where we saw a movie, but this theater
wasnt half as good as the one in Bombay. Ofcourse the quality in IMAX
was as impeccable as ever.
I also did some wall climbing, for the first time in my life and I liked
it too. Almost like rock climbing and thrilling too!! I'll be putting
up my snaps from these rides pretty soon... so you can get to see
them. (Yes my new digicam ... Fuji Finepix 3800... LOVE IT!!)
Got to drive a car for the first time in the US... not a rollercoaster ride
for my fellow passengers I think, but the weather wasnt too conducive,
so didnt enjoy it as much as I would have liked to.
Click here to visit SixFlags.com
No comments:
Post a Comment