A Time to... Manage Time!
I don't know if procrastination is a universal human malady, but it definitely occupies a lot of my time. I dont think I am a really lazy person as such but this summer my life has been about tackling one emergency after another. I am supposed to do some research in fast addition,but it just keeps getting postponed for one reason or another. For the uninitiated, let me clarify here that I am not a precocious kid in Kindergarten but a Grad Student trying to implement the Han-Carlson adder from the Pentium 4 machines.
The first week after I got back from India was spent in helping my roommate who had an appendix removal and driving him to Chicago thereafter. The next week I spent a lot of time dropping a 1 credit course
that was meant to be relaxing. I was supposed to start learning Golf, but as stupid as I am, I didnt know that the course got over while I was back in India. So I had to go through the whole redtape of filling forms and getting a letter from my advisor and the like, to drop a course that no one really cares about. The worst part was finding the emeritus instructor who just never came to the university to sign my course-change form!!
So that taken care of I started watching many lectures by Jan Rabaey from UC Berkeley. I have to say he is one smart man. If you have any interest in digital circuit design, please visit Webcasts @ Berkeley. So I haven't been completely unproductive as I might have lead you to believe.
Murphy's law states that "The time required to complete a task = The time available" and I think that applies to almost all situations, whether you have too little time or too much. But another minor emergency crept into my schedule yesterday. I was losing health insurance today because I am not employed in the summer. Now losing health insurance is really quite a big deal here, because it means you have to plan your accidents really well. So I had to trudge my careful way to University Health Services, to buy insurance. With my health insurance all recharged, I decided to court danger and went on a nice bikeride on a rather decrepit bicycle around lake Mendota. If you buy something, you have to use it right?! ;) Well don't worry I didnt need to.
No comments:
Post a Comment